We have a unique opportunity for an IOM professional in North, Central CA. Do you want to live in the very affordable “City of Trees?” Would you enjoy a relaxed case load, averaging 12 cases per month? Are you tired of traveling around the country or commuting several hours for work? Are you frustrated with “big company” politics and a lack of growth opportunity?
Position details and requirements:
- Clinical Requirements: Minimum of 2 years of clinical IOM experience + CNIM certification
- Environment: Work consistently with the same two surgeons, resulting in great chemistry and trust. Core team of 17 IOM professionals that have developed a wonderful bond with the surgeons to create a pleasant and non-confrontational environment; All surgeries monitored remotely by a board certified neurologist. This is not a national company and your opinion and insight will count!
- Call Requirements: 1 weekend per month; $100 paid to be on call + $150 for each case you monitor. $400 in extra income over a weekend is quite common (That’s potentially an extra $5k in your pocket every year).
- Travel: Limited travel may occur 1-2 days per month within a 3-hour radius.
- Mileage: All mileage is fully reimbursed, even if you are only driving to a local hospital 2 miles away. That’s more money in your pocket that very few IOM employers offer.
- Scheduling/Time Off: Very easy to plan and balance a work-life schedule with an average case load of 12 cases per month. 3-day weeks are common.
- Case Breakdown: 90% spine, 10% complex craniotomies and other procedures; Willing to train on craniotomies for those with the desire to learn.
- Location: Sacramento, CA; Easily, the most affordable “big city” in CA.
- Compensation: $80k-$85k, depending upon experience + full benefits package + Relocation (if needed)