We have an interesting opportunity for an experienced IOM professional seeking part-time work in the NYC/Northern NJ/Central NJ area. If you are burned out from the traditional hospital grind with extensive call coverage, trauma oversight, or no longer want to cover 4+ hour cases…this might be for you. 90% of your cases will take place in state-of-the-art surgical centers, and cases are typically only 30-45 minutes in length. There is no call and no trauma coverage! This is a true change of pace for anyone accustomed to long days in a hospital, and it’s common to be done by 1pm. Please note that these are “legitimate” IOM cases, and NOT pain injections or other ridiculous applications of IOM.
Position details and requirements:
- Clinical Requirements: Minimum of 2 years of clinical IOM experience + CNIM
- Team environment: Work independently with a trusted group of CNIM’s in the region. They are owned by a team that has decades of healthcare experience, with long-standing surgeon relationships. This is not a start-up company, and all team members are vastly experienced. You will take full ownership over your accounts and never be micro-managed. There are no supervisors, lead techs, or regional directors. While every case will be overseen by a neurologist, you will be entrusted to take care of your responsibilities. Maturity, professionalism, and reliability are critical!
- Stability: Hundreds of procedures monitored each month and demand is increasing rapidly; This is an extremely stable position.
- Case Breakdown: This is a highly unusual position that entails coverage of rhizotomies, discectomies, spinal cord stimulator implants, and ACDF’s. Most physicians are pain specialists or ortho docs. Cases are typically 30-45 minutes long, and you will cover roughly 4 per day. It is common to be done by 1pm.
- Location: NYC (Brooklyn, Queens, and The Bronx); Northern NJ (Paramous, Bayonne, Jersey City) & Central NJ (Manalapan, Edison).
- Schedule: Suitable for someone that would like to work 2-2.5 days per week. This is a “part-time” role (work will be consistent, reliable, and on-going) and not PRN.
- Compensation: $70k-$75k. Mileage, tolls, and parking are reimbursed.
- Call Requirement: None
- Travel: None
- Timing/Other: We are setting up interviews immediately; Relocation assistance provided