We have an opportunity for an experienced IOM professional in Long Island. Did you know that this area has several hundred miles of coastline and some of the most beautiful beaches on the East Coast? If that’s not enough, you will be less than an hour from Manhattan and all that NYC has to offer. There is also the option to live nearby in Brooklyn or Queens…the choice is yours. You’ll only be working at 3 facilities, and there is no need to commute all over NY/NJ! Some of the top surgeons in the NE will be your clientele and training on advanced crani’s is available. Oh, and let’s add 4 weeks of PTO just because we can!
Position details and requirements:
- Clinical Requirements: 2+ years of clinical IOM experience + CNIM certification
- Team environment: Work consistently with a team of cutting-edge surgeons at 2-3 locations (very limited driving). Surgeons/technologists are all “on the same team,” so there is a great sense of camaraderie.
- Stability: Over 1,000 surgeries monitored annually; This is an extremely stable position
- Case Breakdown: 65% spine, 35% complex craniotomies and other procedures. Training is available on crani’s – great opportunity for someone who enjoys brain surgery, as the team covers a lot of them!
- Scheduling: A 4-day week (4-5 cases) is the norm. There may be 5-day weeks during peak season, but there are also 3-day weeks when things are slower.
- Call Requirements: Call is performed on a rotating basis. Primary call occurs once every 6 weeks and is compensated at 1.5 times base pay.
- Location: Long Island; You can reasonably live in Queens or Brooklyn too.
- Commuting: You only cover cases at 3 locations, and most of the time you’ll be at 2 facilities. All of them are clustered on the Eastern end of Long Island. This means there is zero driving in nasty traffic to NYC, NJ, or CT…not even during call. This is an enormous work-life benefit.
- Compensation: Total compensation will be in the $120k-$150k range, depending upon experience (higher for those with crani experience) + full benefits package + 4 weeks of PTO + budget to attend conferences (ASNM, ASET, etc) + monthly cell phone and auto allowance.
- Timing/Other: We are setting up interviews immediately; Relocation assistance provided
Comments are closed.