We have a unique opportunity for an experienced IOM professional in Colorado Springs, CO. This region has a lower cost of living than Denver while still providing access to Colorado’s outdoor activities. It may be the perfect fit for someone who enjoys the Colorado lifestyle/climate but wants to avoid the hustle and bustle of a massive city. The case mix is extremely varied, which is great for those seeking variety.
Position details and requirements:
- Clinical Requirements: Minimum of 1 year of clinical IOM experience + CNIM certification
- Team environment: You will join a team that is well versed in a wide variety of surgeries. All cases will be at one of four facilities, enabling a strong bond with a relatively small group of surgeons.
- Stability: Numerous surgeries monitored each year and demand is increasing rapidly; This is an extremely stable position
- Commuting/Travel: All cases will be performed locally in the Springs. Very rarely, you may be asked to help outside of Colorado Springs, if there is an emergency.
- Case Breakdown: Everything! Spine, ENT, vascular, and brain…the variety should keep you stimulated and is the perfect setting for someone seeking variation in their work. Cross training is available for those who are not familiar with complex procedures.
- Case Load: While this will vary, most weeks consist of 4-day rotations.
- Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- Compensation: Negotiable based upon skill/experience ($80k-$90k est) + full benefits package. Please note that the cost of purchasing a home in Colorado Springs is 27% lower than Denver. The overall cost of living is about 15% lower, as well. It’s quite inexpensive to live in the Springs, yet you are within 70 miles of the “big city” if you want to visit on weekends, go to a pro ballgame, etc. Colorado Springs is the 2nd largest city in CO, so there is plenty to do!
- Call Requirement: Shared weekend/week-night call rotation