We have a unique opportunity for a deeply experienced IOM professional in Dallas, TX. Would you enjoy being the face of a clinical organization and a true subject matter expert? Do you have a passion for research, publishing articles in leading medical journals, and public speaking at industry-related conferences? Would you enjoy leveraging your vast IOM knowledge to educate surgeons on the intricacies of cranial monitoring and other advanced surgeries? Would you like to build a team specializing in Deep Brain Stimulation? Does the challenge of being responsible for the integrity of high-end IOM services whet your appetite? All of this and more is possible, so please read on!
Position details and requirements:
- Clinical Requirements: Minimum of 10 years of clinical IOM experience + CNIM certification. A Master’s degree is required, with a preference for a PhD and/or DABNM. Additional preference for those who are published in the field or who have presented scientific articles. We are seeking a true “scholar” of neuroscience.
- Environment: You will work directly with the executive team to develop and deliver high end IOM services in TX. Several senior technologists will be available to assist in your efforts, who will have volunteered to be an integral part of this team. The objective is to educate surgeons across the state about the necessity and advantages of world-class monitoring. The primary focus will be on complex surgeries and cutting-edge techniques. You will have the backing of the executive team and have a wealth of resources at your disposal. Oversight of quality assurance and staff education would also fall under your domain. This organization has served the community for many years and is not a “start-up” IOM group. They are co-owned by technologists and physicians and deliver high impact care to the community. If you want to be part of a family-oriented team, with a deep-rooted commitment to continuing education, this is it.
- Intellectual pursuits: You will be encouraged to publish articles in leading journals and speak at industry conferences. In a nutshell, you will have an opportunity to deep dive into the theory behind your work and share your knowledge with the medical community. A bond has been created with a select group of surgeons who will view you as a “subject matter expert,” rather than an outside vendor.
- Case load: Manage a team performing high level case work. You will not be responsible for traditional operational duties (scheduling, etc), but will instead manage the process and strategy for a senior team.
- Stability: Thousands of surgeries monitored each year and demand is increasing rapidly; This is an extremely stable position. You will effectively be treated as an officer of the company.
- Case Breakdown: Every modality and procedure could be covered, although most of the work will involve complex craniotomies and other high-end surgeries. An interest and passion for DBS is also welcomed.
- Location: Dallas, TX (low cost of living and no state tax).
- Compensation: ($110k-$150k base salary) + quarterly profit sharing plan +bi-annual bonuses + full benefits package (including 4% matching on a 401k and full HC coverage for an entire family). The overall package will be considerably higher than the base salary and is negotiable for the right candidate.
- Timing/Other: We are setting up interviews immediately; Relocation assistance provided