We have a unique opportunity for an IOM professional in San Diego, CA. Are you looking to monitor far more than basic lumbar cases? Would you enjoy participating on a smaller team that is frequently involved in cutting edge research/new product development? Would you enjoy monitoring a wide variety of procedures that will stretch your intellect and deliver a “wow” factor?
Position details and requirements:
- Clinical Requirements: Minimum of 2 years of clinical IOM experience (CNIM required).
- Environment: The variety of procedures will be significant. The opportunity to be involved in cutting edge research and new product development should stimulate those seeking an intellectual challenge. Every day, you will experience the adrenaline rush that occurs at the intersection of top academic facilities and tier 1 trauma centers. This is a challenging and quickly evolving environment. Candidates seeking a “bread and butter, low volume, spine only” position, should not apply. All cases are monitored remotely by a board certified neurologist.
- Call Requirements: Performed on a rotational basis.
- Travel: None
- Scheduling: 4-5 days per week is the norm.
- Case Breakdown: Tremendous variety of case work, including complex spine, craniotomies, vascular procedures, interventional radiology, TCD, and deep brain stimulation (DBS). Experienced candidates are welcomed, but those seeking the opportunity to learn new aspects of their profession are also encouraged to step forward. You will never be bored!
- Location: San Diego, CA (employees must live within 30 minutes of the downtown area); Fact check…It is extremely expensive to live 1 block from the ocean, but there are many reasonably priced neighborhoods in San Diego (10 minutes from the water) where rent is less than cities such as San Francisco, New York, Washington DC, Seattle, and Chicago. Please note that there are thousands of service men/women living in the city, and they are not living paycheck to paycheck in card board boxes! As a whole, it’s certainly more expensive than the MW or SE, but the narrative that “only the super-rich” can live in San Diego is completely false. You can live very comfortably on the comp plan below.
- Compensation: $100k salary + $5k signing bonus after 90 days + optional $10k-$20k production bonus + HC insurance reimbursement + Relocation (if needed). Base salary will increase by $10k in year two. Benefits include 25 days of PTO. Please note that the budget for this role was carefully considered and is not negotiable.